Letting someone view your Google Analytics account data in a controlled and safe way is easy. Maybe you need to grant new employee access or a contractor to perform some ad hoc analysis. Whatever your needs, it’ll take a minute to set up.
Google do have some good help pages, but I find they lack the more step by step instructions and diagrams that some people prefer. So please find my instructions below starting straight after you log into Google Analytics (click on an image to enlarge it):
- Go to the Admin tab
- Select the correct Account (you’ll usually only have one anyway)
- Select the desired Property (again, you’ll probably only have one)
- Click on User Management
- Enter the Google email address you want to provide access too
- Choose the correct access level (Read & Analyse is a good and safe starting point. For more details, read up on the options here)
- Tick the ‘Notify this user by email’ box
- Click the Add button
The user will now get an email informing them that they have been granted access to your GA account. Their level of access depends on what you chose, but Read & Analyse is the most restrictive and safest option to begin with. It is easy to revoke this access when it is no longer required too.
I hope this helps you and your site get the analysis and help it deserves. Come back for more tricks and tips soon.